Years ago, many companies lived by a “once a customer, always a customer” philosophy. However, in today’s competitive business world full of endless choices and tempting opportunities, customers can be easily lured to a competitor even if they’re happy with your products or services.
Here are a few tips to help you show inactive customers they’re missed and invite them back:
- Create a postcard, self-mailer, or email with a message such as “we haven’t seen you around lately, and we miss you!” Be sure to thank customers for their previous business and include an apology for falling out of touch.
- Consider having the owner or president of your company reach out, showing the customer’s importance to your business.
- Provide an attractive offer, such as an X dollar off coupon, free shipping, BOGO (buy one get one), a value-added bonus, or a percentage discount to help make their decision to return easier.
- Provide a quick reminder of why customers purchased from you in the first place by highlighting the features that help your business stand apart from the competition. Include an updated list of products and services.
- Survey old customers by asking what it would take to have them return. Even if your customer won’t return, you can find out how to fix flaws before they affect other customers.
Let us know if you need help creating unique marketing materials to stay in touch with your customers, such as newsletters, postcards, and coupons that will keep them coming back month after month.