Every marketing piece should have a call to action that helps direct the reader to the next step. Whether you want them to click a link, download a file, or contact your business, here are a few tips to ensure your call to action gets noticed and utilized:
- Keep it short and simple using action verbs, such as call, buy, register, donate, or subscribe.
- Be specific about what you want readers to do. For example, if you want customers to contact you to set up an appointment, don’t just say “contact us.”
- Make it easy for readers by using a direct shortcut link to your sign-up page or order form, versus sending them on a wild goose chase through your website.
- Create urgency with a deadline such as “offer expires May 31” or “order now and get a free gift!”
- Include a benefit for contacting you. Instead of saying “Download our whitepaper,” say “Expand your customer base with these 10 tips.”
- Popularity sells. If your information is high demand, consider including the number of times a document has been downloaded.
- Build trust by including customer logos or relevant testimonials near your call to action.
- Provide your call to action multiple times throughout your website or marketing materials.
- Size and location matter. Make sure your call to action is easily visible and prominently located so readers don’t miss it.
We’d love to help you create marketing materials that get noticed and increase sales. Check us out online for more creative ideas or to request a printing quote today!