It’s been said that if you want to be remembered, make your audience laugh. Humor is a great way to connect with your audience, and it can do wonders for your marketing strategy if it’s used correctly. Here are a few tips on how to laugh your way to the bank.
- Find humor in unlikely places by asking yourself what would Jerry think? Jerry Seinfield is known for finding a funny perspective on everyday situations.
- Tread lightly. You don’t want your company or product to be laughed at — just your marketing message.
- Test your humor internally or amongst a few business peers before sending it out. And remember that comedy is subjective, so don’t expect to please everyone.
- Experiment with social media. For example, try posting a few humorous tweets or Facebook updates to see how your audience reacts.
- Minimize product messaging, and focus on creating brand awareness.
- Make sure the humor fits your brand’s personality and is appropriate with your product’s messaging.
- Always be politically correct and avoid controversial topics and jokes in bad taste.
- Remember that humor shouldn’t be your message. It is simply a creative way to get prospects and customers to pay attention to (and remember) your message. If you can make your customers laugh, chances are you’ll be laughing all the way to the bank.